Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 2, part II

Well, the debates are on, and I am watching them at a bar with wifi in Concord. I had Joe looks up wifi places for me to have dinner, and he found it for me. It's directly across from the state capitol and its pretty gold top. And full of perky Obama supporters that are really excited.

And its the restaurant we stopped at for lunch on our honeymoon when we visited a million state capitals.

I was going to go to the debates tonight, to watch them live, but alas, the media area was full. Apparently you had to sign up a month ago. So instead I watch it with the "common folk" that the media love so much.

So instead of waiting in an auditorium this evening, I drove to Brentwood, and watched Bill Clinton talk to a few hundred union workers for a few hours. It was amazing to see such a frank discussion. I'll be blogging about it. (http://blogs.trb.com/news/local/longisland/politics/blog/)

I'm trying not to get too excited, because things can change at any point. But as of an hour ago, there was a pretty good chance I'm covering Hillary all day tomorrow. I just want some sort of set thing to know that I am doing. Hopping around is hard!!

No comments: