Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 3, part 2

Sorry! I've been away from the modern Internet all day. My wifi was all screwy.

After the Hillary super rally, our press bus left a dozen of us behind! We ran out when the director told us to, and saw the busses and they pulled away. We waved, and the driver saw us, but the secret service said to keep going!

So instead we finished our stories in the high school hallways, waiting for the small bus to come back for us. In the meantime, I met Ben Smith! I tried not to act too excited, but I was. He was my favorite blogger when he was at the Daily News.

Eventually we got a ride and headed an hour east, to Hampton. More rallies. More crowds. No Internet. And Hillary said something about Putin not having a soul.

Now I'm back up in Concord. Tired. But they sell wine at the gas stations, so I am having a glass before bed, and hoping to read at least another chapter of my friend Matt's book. Or maybe I will just watch the Family Guy.

No word yet on tomorrow. My editor for the week had mentioned going on Obama watch, but he will be WAY upstate. I will charge the fake-iPod just in case. If not, I am hoping to see Huckabee and Chuck Norris.

No comments: