Saturday, January 26, 2008

Memphis... at 2 a.m.

So I am not sure if its 1:30 or 2:30. It might be 3:30. But we have arrived in Memphis. I am getting good at flying! Today we did it twice. Tomorrow we're doing it three times, as of now. The landings are a little ridiculous. But everyone gets all riled up, so that in and of itself is fun.

In Nashville I was able to meet up with Aunt Kathy! She came to the Hillary event. It was so good to see her! I met some of her colleagues and the band played and it was lovely.

And now I'm in Memphis, and its too late and I'm too tired to go dancing. LAME! But tomorrow we'll be loitering in Miami for a few hours so that should be fun. And we're coming back to NY at night! 74 degrees and sunny to 30 with snow showers. Flu anyone?

I am a little cranky because my suitcase is slightly broken. I love the thing. It has served me well. And today when it arrived at our hotel, the bottom was smashed. Guess its better to be smashed than lost.

Otherwise it was a neat day. Chelsea came and talked to us about a duck ritual at the hotel we're staying at. The Peabody. It's the second prettiest place I have ever stayed (the resort in Santa Barbara still has my heart). It's quite southern, in my mind. And bright and cheery and yellow and soft. And there are beautiful flowers in the lobby that remind me of Daddy Warbuck's house in Annie.

Anyway. Twice a day there are ducks in the hotel that do a march around the main area. It's apparently quite a phenomenon. Chelsea came to tell us that on weekends the times have been changed. So we will have to miss the ducks to go to church. I asked her if she had contacted the duckmaster, and she said she tried, but he wouldn't change their schedule. Talking to Chelsea about ducks. Not bad.

Off to catch some sleep before the circus starts all over again!

No comments: