Friday, January 25, 2008

Last minute arrangements

I can't sleep. I changed my car reservation info so I can get the car to them by 8:15 and make it to the baggage call for HillAir as she called it last week. I'm all packed and ready to go... But still, I'm awake...

Barack Obama was fascinating. The crowd was so energetic and so into it! I haven't seen that kind of enthusiasm. And he is an amazing speaker. Definately one to watch. I have no idea how this is all going, but I love that it's still a race and no one is a declared winner, so the votes actually count. It's great.

Today I met a man who said he picks cotton for a living. He spoke at one of the Bill Clinton events. He was 50, but looked much older. He was talking about how hard it was for his son to keep a job and his fears for his grandchildren. I really never thought that we still had cotton pickers.

Tomorrow night I will most likely be in Nashville. I emailed Joe's Aunt Kathy, hopefully she will be in! I looked up the Everybodyfields to see if they were playing anywhere down here while I was down here (familiar faces make me happy!!!) but they're on the West Coast. It's going to be a busy few days, with lots of events and plane rides and stories. I always think I will have free time. Hasn't happened yet!

1 comment:

Germom said...

Melissa, this is so exciting, hope you got to try some catfish for breakfast, from a Po Boy drive thru and you are reading this on the plane. Nashville. Yahoo!. Mom