Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 3, Part 1

Well, so far nothing is as it appeared in Beth Harpaz’s The girls in the van. But its not quite “Journeys with George” that Nancy Pelosi’s daughter did either.

First, they feed us good food. Croissants and coffee for breakfast, with fruit on the side! And then decent wraps and homemade cookies for lunch. I prepared for the worst, and have cheese, almonds and apples in my bag. Didn’t want to be starving through the day if the option was a ham sammy.

We spent the morning, in the cold, going door to door with Hillary and Chelsea. I went back and talked to two neighbors, in one’s home, with their 4-year old running around, and a dog. People have been really welcoming to the press. I had been told that the New Hampshire-ites treat talking to the press as part of their democratic responsibilities. I am grateful for it.

Now I am in Nashua, at a super rally in a gym. People stood for over an hour and a half to hear the candidate speak, and she took their questions for over an hour. Supposedly there is another one of these in an hour in Durham. Not sure where that is, but I am grateful for the bus today, instead of trekking around the state.

Maybe I can even get some knitting in during the ride…

No comments: