Thursday, January 24, 2008

Made it to South Carolina!



Well, I took a plane, all by myself! I wore my second pair of socks I ever made (they are REALLY soft) and Joe drove me and I did it. I am feeling pretty awesome right now.


I landed in North Carolina, and took the Billy Graham Highway (really) to Columbia.


So far I have observed:


The speed limit is 70.

The road kill is MUCH more interesting (a snake and something like a wolf/coyote)


My hotel on the outskirts of town is attached to a nice Italian steakhouse. Across the street is a Cracker Barrell (my parents LOVE it and the one time I went, my breakfast was tasty!), and a Fudruckers is down the block, as is a Waffle House. I am definately looking forward to some grits. Do they serve them at dinner?


I know nothing about the south. I have been to Florida once (Orlando, when I was a kid). But so far, everyone is nice. I want some collards. :) Joe said I should grab some catfish too. But is that being cliche?


I will be here through Saturday's primary, then head to Florida on Sunday morning. I am hoping to come home after that, get some hugs from my darling, maybe get to that Neko Case show at the Egg, and then head back out!
I hope to update this as I can. Thank you all so much for your notes while I was on the road last time! Made me smile!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! You're doing awesome : ) AND it is SO not cliche to have grits and catfish. Don't forget the hush puppies!!

Jenni McEnerney said...

Go to Po Boys. It is like the Denny's equivalent in the north, but their catfish is YUMMY!